Cleaner Production Technology means “The continuous application of an integrated preventive environmental strategy applied to processes, products, and services to increase overall efficiency and reduce risks to humans and the environment.”
Principles of Cleaner Production Technology:
- Preventive principle
- Integration principle
Cleaner Production practices:
1. Good housekeeping
Take appropriate managerial and operational actions to prevent:
- To enforce existing operational instructions.
2. Input substitution
Substitute input materials
- By less toxic.
- Or by renewable materials.
- Or by adjunct materials which have a longer service life-time in production.
3. Better process control
- Operational procedures.
- Equipment instructions.
- And process record keeping in order to run the processes more efficiently and at lower waste and emission generation rates.
4. Equipment modification
Modify the existing production equipment and utilities in order:
- Run the processes at higher efficiency.
- Lower waste and emission generation rates.
5. Technology change
- The technology.
- Processing sequence.
- Synthesis pathway.
In order to minimize waste and emission generation during production.
6. On-site recovery/reuse
- Reuse of the wasted materials in the same process for another useful application within the company.
What are the benefits of Cleaner Production?
- Improving environmental situation.
- Continuous environmental improvement.
- Increasing economical benefits.
- Increasing productivity.
- Gaining competitive advantage.