The National Safety Week/Day celebration takes place every year on 4th to 10th March throughout India to reiterate safety importance.
Greetings to all for 52nd National Safety Week/day celebration in advance with the aim to the theme of this year National Safety Week/Day 2023.
“Our Aim – Zero Harm”
“हमारा लक्ष्य – शून्य नुकसान”
Theme for National Safety Week/Day Celebration till 2023:
|2023||“Our Aim – Zero Harm”|
|2022||“Nurture young minds – Develop safety culture”|
|2021||“Learn from disaster and prepare for a safer future”|
|2020||“Enhance Health & Safety Performance by Use of Advanced Technology”|
|2019||“Cultivate and Sustain a safety culture for building nation”.|
|2018||“Reinforce positive behaviour at the workplace to realize safety and health goals”.|
|2017||“Keep Each Other Safe”|
|2016||“Strengthen Safety Movement To Realize Zero Harm”.|
|2015||“Build a Safety Culture for Sustainable Supply Chain”.|
|2014||“Workplace Management and Risk Control” and “Safety: It Takes Us Everything”|
|2013||“Working Together to Ensure Safe and Healthy Workplace”|
|2012||“Ensure a secure and healthy working environment – A fundamental human right”.|
|2011||“Establish and maintain preventative safety and health culture”.|
|2010||“Construction Safety And Occupational Health”|
History of National Safety Week/Day Celebration:
- The recommendation of the conference was approved by the 24th session of the standing labor committee, which met on 13th to 14th February 1966 at New Delhi under the chairmanship of late shri Jagjivan Ram (at that time he was union minister), and the proposal concerning the constitution of National Safety Council (NSC) was set up on 4th March 1966 by the ministry.
- Subsequently, it was decided that this day, 4th March, should be commemorated as National Safety Day every year in the form of National awareness campaign.
- Since 1972 the National Safety Day (NSD) is celebrated every year throughout the country to reiterate the importance of safety and create an awareness campaign throughout the country.
- Also NSD now impacted at large level and expands to National Safety Week from 4th March to 10th March every year.
SUMMARY OF OBJECTIVES:
- Ensure that health and safety are incorporated into the work environment and daily routine accordingly.
- Promotion of Safety Culture not only hazardous industries but also other types of industries.
- Although encourage members of the community and school children to adopt a culture of safety as part of their daily lives.
- Employ the best safety management system to foster a positive safety culture at work by encouraging HSE discipline and legal compliance at the same time.
- Reaffirm the employee`s and employer`s commitment to workplace health and safety altogether.
- Increase employee involvement in OSH-related activities.
- Finally to create a positive safety culture, motivate people to incorporate accident prevention programs and best industrial safety practices into the workplace culture.
The Approach for National Safety Week/Day Celebration:
- Make the most of the employee`s participation.
- Especially encourage local talent in your factory to celebrate.
- Specifically concentrate on your unit’s OSH requirements.
- Unquestionably identify and emphasize OSH issues in the area.
- Hand out information about OSH to the employees.
Things to do or ideas for National Safety Week/Day celebration.
- However, The celebration needs to start well in advance for the preparations to be successful.
During the National Safety Week/Day, some suggested activities include.
- Administration of Safety and Health Pledge, employees under the direction of the highest-ranking executive.
On the back of the Safety & Health Pledge, the National Safety Council designed, developed, and distributed the model text.
- The NSD Flag is being unfurled before short safety speech by high ranking officer or guest or by Director or Board of members.
- Affixing the NSD Badge to workers.
Placing Safety Day Banners in appropriate unit locations accordingly.
- A safety message sent to all employees by the managing director or chief executive officer specifically.
- Essay, slogan, quiz, poster, housekeeping, safety performance, and other safety competitions altogether.
- Schemes for safety suggestions Safety displays.
- Songs, quawalis, one-act plays, etc.
- Seminars, workshops, training programs, etc.
Screening safety films in colonies for employees and units.
- Demonstrations on different aspects for e.g. how to use PPE, fight fires, save people, etc.
- Arranging drills for e.g. Fire Drills, Mock Drills, emergency drills, etc..
- Hazard Identification Risk Assessment competition of different departments of the company.
- Also Placing safety posters in prominent areas throughout the unit.
- Distributing awards for safety recommendations, performance, etc of course a good idea.
- Safety photo frame inside the premises for awareness, motivation and safety with fun is on the positive side.
- Lectures given by notable guests in the field to explain about safety scenario.
- Community education programs.
- Safety Theme Park.
- Safety Exhibition.
- PPE Demonstration Hall.
- Putting safety slogans on company documents like pay slips, for example.
- Holding meetings to discuss past mishaps and possible next steps.
- On the telephone dial tone and intercom, a safety slogan.
- Safety march inside the unit.
- Competitions in art, like the Rangoli Competition, run by employees’ families.
Outside of the workplace:
- Displaying VIPs with safety badges.
- Safety-related advertisements in regional newspapers and television stations.
- Submitting safety-related articles to local newspapers.
- Banners are displayed in strategic parts of the city or town.
- Workshops and seminars.
- Consumer and customer product safety awareness programs.
- Contractor safety programs.
- Main purpose of National Safety Week/Day celebration is to increase safety awareness, education and training amongst the resources of the company.
- We can compare the data with previous year celebration so that we can come to know the status of the safety culture of the company impacted by the same.
- Increase in participation indicates workers attention towards safety improved.
- Let us make it happen with altogether efforts and hard work.
“Our Aim – Zero Harm”
“हमारा लक्ष्य – शून्य नुकसान”