The word “SAFETY” means;
S = Science of Safety for Self, Health and Environment.
A = Art of science for accident prevention.
F = Full proof system.
E = Engineering Controls.
T = Training.
Y = Yawl to save humanity.
Definitions of Safety:
- It means reducing risks at acceptable level risk can’t be reduce to zero level some risk is there in spite of all precautions so far no full proof safety system is developed so as a compromise formula, we have to accept safety at a level which is generally acceptable.
- The condition of being safe; freedom from danger, risk, or injury.
- The state of being safe; not being dangerous or in danger
- It is an achievement of an acceptable level of risk by controlling hazards.
1.freedom from the occurrence or risk of injury, danger, or loss.
2. the quality of averting or not causing injury, danger, or loss.
3. a contrivance or device to prevent injury or avert danger.
- It aims to prevent and reduce risks, errors and harm that occur to patients during provision of health care.
- The action of keeping safe.
Also Read :