Diwali Health & Safety Tips
Diwali is the time for fun and festivity. Regardless of age, anyone from six year old to sixty year old enjoy firing crackers and having their favorite sweets on a Diwali day.
However we also see and hear a lot of accidents related to Diwali crackers in the newspaper and TV news channels.
Most of these unfortunate accidents can be prevented by following these basic tips. Hope you take some cues from this page and have a safe and joyful Diwali.
Take the General Safety Precautions during in Diwali Festival.
Diwali Health & Safety Tips in form of Do and Don`t.
1. Make sure you buy Fireworks from a licensed shop.
2. Always keep the fireworks in a closed box.
3. Store crackers away from sources of fire or ignition; also keep them away from the reach of toddlers.
4. Read the instructions and follow all safety precautions instructed with regard to the use of fireworks.
5. Burst crackers in open spaces like playgrounds and fields.
6. While lighting the crackers, stand at an arm’s length, away from the Cracker.
7. Discard used fireworks in a bucket of water this way you can avoid people from stepping on to and hurting their feet from used fireworks which are thrown on the ground.
8. Keep buckets of water and blankets ready, in case a fire breaks out.
9. Wear thick cotton clothes while bursting crackers, so as to ensure maximum safety from fire.
10. While igniting Diwali aerial fireworks like rockets, ensure that they are not facing any opening like a window, door or an open building gate. If the rockets zoom into them, it may cause fire accidents.
11. Wear footwear while lighting Diwali fireworks.
12. Light only one firework at a time and one person should do it. Others should watch from a safe distance.
13. Put your vehicles in a garage.
1. Don’t burn crackers in crowded, congested places, narrow lanes, near sources of fire or inside the house.
2. Don’t let children burst crackers unaccompanied by an adult. Keep an eye on them constantly.
3. Don’t put fireworks in your pocket. Careless smoking is the leading cause of fire deaths in North America.
4. Don’t dare to examine un-burst crackers.. leave it!! Light a new cracker.
5. Don’t show the Dare-devilry of lighting crackers on own hands. One tends to light bombs, by bringing them close to the candle or incense, rather than bringing the incense close to the bomb. Avoid doing such feats, as there are chances of the firework falling on someone passing by.
6. Avoid long loose clothes, as they are fast in catching fire.
7. Strictly avoid using matches and lighters for bursting crackers for Diwali as they have open flames that can be dangerous.
8. Never ignite aerial fireworks (like rockets) if there is any overhead obstruction present like trees and wires.
9. Never ever leave a lit match, agarbatti (incense stick) or sparkler near unused crackers.
10. Never experiment with crackers or make your own fireworks.
11. Avoid bursting crackers on the roads-it could cause a major road accident.
12. Never ever light a cracker while holding it in your hand. See to it that you put it down and then ignite it.
13. Don’t keep your face close to the cracker while trying to light it.
14. Do not throw fireworks at people.
15. Never give any firework item to small children.
16. When crackers take time or do not ignite immediately, do not keep in trying to burst them.Move away immediately. Throw some water to diffuse them.
May the festival of lights encircle your life with joy and happiness.
Success may always be at your doorsteps. And may Goddess Lakshmi enter your home and fill it with riches and abundance !
Warm wishes on this auspicious festival of Dipawali !